Monday 22 February 2010

RE: The Fonz

I have had a very frustrating week. It turns out the guy in charge of money at CLEN and my landlord are the Spanish version of Del Boy and Rodney. When I arrived I was led to believe I was a fully registered citizen of this fair city. I am not. This is because my landlord doesn't want to declare my existence as it would cost him some cash and the CLEN guy who has no problem with that. Which means despite paying tax that if the time comes I can't use the doctor etc. When I asked about it people jumped into action, so I have spent a lot of time in offices being passive aggressive and signing various bits of paper. It's not resolved as now I'm registered as living in someone elses flat. I should have known they were shady when Nick once mentioned he was thinking of buying the car and the money guy at work head snapped up, "I can get you a car".

The weekend was mainly spent falling in love with the beautiful barmaid who works around the corner. Four of us, two of which were women, sat at the bar trying to look nonchalant, with varying degrees of success. She told us a little of her life we couldnt help fall into awkward silence.

It was also Ana's birthday. She had people to her flat for dinner. As she is a vegetarian I have to confess to being wary as everyone knows few meals without meat are worth eating but I needn't have worried. Her French boyfriend made beautiful food and then we had a look at a collection of things he had whittled with his bare hands in a real demonstration of what a real man should be like. We also met her famous rabbit, making jokes about stew will be more difficult.

My horrible class has restarted after they had a weeks break to go skiing. Taking the kids skiing is a yearly tradition as Pamplona is so close to the Pyrennes, I do not envy the guy who had to take them. They were alright day one of them informing me he had spent the weekend drinking marijuana, my first reaction was to laugh but maybe I'm out of touch with the kids these days.

It's actually been a very eventful week but more details hopefully after Wednesday.

To make up for this lack of anything very good, I'll post this historic moment as the internet reaches perfection

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm0upFdNVlA

love love love x

No comments: