Monday 1 February 2010

Brooke Bond Tea

Hello! Back to the glories of the written word.

How are you? Well good, everything here is fine thanks.

To be honest the weeks since getting back have been frustrating. Its exam time for adults which means a lot more work than it first appears when they say they give you the paper. I finished work today at six and now at quarter past 11 I've finished marking, only for the same again tomorrow. I bumped into an English medical student in the main square (of video fame) and when I told her I was going home to mark she laughed and you know the transformation is complete, soon elbow pads will start to sprout in a District 9 stylee. Exams on the other side are tedious and dull, an hour and a half of silence. Also the students get stressed, what if I fail?!?!?!?! Nothing happens!!! I set the exam, its written by CLEN, its not a qualification, its just a way of checking progress. If their progress is bad or going in the wrong direction they don't get scolded but I do. Its what makes marking horrible, everyone they get wrong, what didn't I explain, did I miss that out, were my examples terrible?

The younger learners have being even more frustrating. The eight year olds were so bad one day I told the person in charge that I never wanted to see them again. They couldn't understand why I wouldnt want them shouting out the window to their friends in the playground below when it is full of their parents. Added to a multitude of other things left me so angry but the next lesson they were lovely. The teenagers seemed to have turned a leaf only to turn back in a week.

A frustrating few weeks have been capped by my mobile phone. I spend a lot of time waiting for messages that don't appear, ringing numbers to get a different person each time, never the person who I expected to be and a serious of terrible terrible decisions. I'm no good with other people.

Outside of school a second quiz win! Oh yeah! I didnt't get a single history one but films were better. I was on the same team as Marc who made it 3 out of 3 much to Raquels annoyance. For next time I'm going to write him a theme tune, make a cape and invest in some low level pyro. The man is a machine, insert question, receive trivia. The dandy Irish man who lives across the corridor is going home, sad face. It will sad to see him go but he will be much happier so God speed. A stir was caused when school suggested that when the person who replaces him arrives that they will stay on our (tiny) sofa for a week, hows that for a welcome?

During the week we went to see Osasuna take a kicking in the Copa del Rey. A 3-0 defeat to Racing Santander. We had seats right by the Racing fans who were shouting at us in Spanish for 90 minutes, I'm assuming it they were politely enquiring what the score was. Despite the defeat and abuse I did get to see wonder kid Sergio Canales in the flesh, believe the hype, you never get burnt if you believe the hype. In an old magazine at school I found an advert for a football camp that Charlton used to have in Malaga, when we could afford such things. Looking at the pictures of us banging in goals in the premiership almost led me to have a breakdown.

I hope you are all well, if you have read this far I tip my hat to you. Things are better than this post suggests!

love love love x

just because its awesome
www.theonion.com/content/video/final_season_of_lost_promises_to

sorry about the advert, other comedy networks are available

No comments: