Sunday 28 February 2010

Charm Offensive

What an eventful few days. Costas has gone, he couldn't handle the CLEN heat and has removed himself from the kitchen. He decided on Sunday night, he spent Monday avoiding going to class and was gone at three this morning. Protocol be damned! Notice period to the wind! CLEN are lucky he didn't do the classic TEFL/love rat move, the "Bolt in the Night".

I had phone calls all day, getting angrier and angrier. They came to the conclusion that as I had been living with him for a few weeks I must share some mental link. Like twins, I sense when he was in pain. When my last class finished Alfonso was waiting for me. He drove me home and was hoping to find Costas in the flat so he could do something bad ass. I opened the door praying Costas wasn't in and thank God he wasn't. Though his bags were still in his room and like a big game hunter Alfonso knelt down and muttered about him still being in the city.

Due to his decision I've spent the last few days being treated with a degree of suspicion. They think I have had some part in helping him to decide or have been holding information back. It's like the great escape, I expect Celia to come up to me and say 'good luck' but I won't fall for it. It's a bit annoying that they think I forged him a passport and smuggled him over the open border in a hay cart. The jokes on them, I killed him. Should I be worried that I've driven away two flat mates, the second in record time?

Other than that, now the severe weather warning has passed, it has been mighty windy, the sun has come out! I'm so excited! My spirits raised instantly. I even went and sat on the balcony, your damn right we have a balcony, proper continentals. It does overlook a roundabout but that doesn't matter as when you sit down you stare straight at a concrete wall which acts as a barrier.

Due to the antibiotics I have also spent a lot of time not drinking. This is more of a problem when you have to spend time watching rugby. I have to say I am really enjoying it. I had a whole weekend with a clean head, I feel refreshed and whisper it was even a little productive. It is truly eye opening spending time with drunk people, everyone knows drunks talk shit but nonetheless so much of what is said is just repetition, pointless or terrible ideas to resolve the middle east problem.

I hope guys are all well

love love love x

No comments: