Tuesday 16 February 2010

Joseph Merrick

Hola, I'm sure I've found you eating pancakes and watching the Brits, come on now, you're not fooling anyone.

It's been a busy busy week. The biggest change is that after the Irish bass player who lived across the corridor has transformed into a Greek who plays more football manager than I do. Cormac's departure was trying. The week before he left his ferry set on fire so after rearranging he realised on the day of leaving he had no idea where his passport was. He never did find it but he has made it back to the emerald isle. Costas's journey was less stressful.

We spent 12 hours in bars on Saturday in what started as a quiet get to you drink in a local bar which can't make up its mind whether its Basque or Irish. It was a long but enjoyable day proving you can't beat the fruit machine and that if your job involves wearing an inflatable purple suit who really need to lighten up. Inexpliciably, the day also involved pina colada. I was half expecting Club Tropicana, where drinks remain at least moderately priced, to burst out as soon as you started drinking but it was not to be. I also managed to speak Spanish for HALF AN HOUR, beating my personal best by 29 mintues and 30 seconds. Costas has proved himself sober as well, thanks to him I finally know how the satelite box works. He can also Greek dance, I'm hoping to learn.

The main reason for being busy has been adult report writing which is wrist slittingly tedious. Highlighting the same categories over and over and then writing comments about lessons I forgot about months ago. My greatest hits of report writing slogans would include, "Don't be afraid to make a mistake" "Participates well" and "keep up the good work!". The real meaning of those comments is roughly, needs to speak more, doesn't shut up and I've got nothing. Mercifully they are finished, just in time to repeat the whole futile excerise for the kids in a few weeks.

CLEN has also divided into bitter camps as people who know nothing about rugby offer meaningless predictions and make outlandish claims that results prove a nation's superiorty. The Irish mobilized against the French, retribution was in store for the hand of Henry, they were humbled! The English have slammed the Welsh and poor Mauro may be in for a tough month. All this for a competition between six sides who are below the worlds best in a sport that ranks alongside archery and speed skating in terms and excitement and popularity, maybe I'm being unfair on archery, that shits hard. With the winter olympics I'm overdosing on rubbish sport, fortunately theres some football on tonight. Come on Lyon, watching Ronaldo lose is even better in Spain due to their insistence on calling him CR9 all the time, I wish I was joking.

I've just seen a run through of Spain's Eurovision potentials. They can be truly proud, I'm backing Ainhoa, she's got moves.

love love love x

No comments: