Wednesday 12 November 2008

Moving in Circles

Today was my first lesson and it feels like forever since I had to think about teaching. I have forgot most but not all of what I learnt at NILE, which is better than expected. It was a one on one lesson which is very weird. It transpires that the student is actually quite a wealthy and powerful man. His firm is one of the largest in Bucharest, their offices are very swish, some poor lady had to run and around and fetch water on my students request. We sat at one of those long conference tables which a view of the opera house. It seems so stupid that I could teach this man anything. Asked him an question about an article he had to read, it was on the theme of great business ideas, and he simply had to say what the idea was. He not only knew this but expanded to include a lot of business jargon, and I sat there like an officer junior knowing this man is cleverer than me, much cleverer than me. It was alright though, he was very nice and it will become easier when I get to know him.

Domestically things are ok. I sunk to a new kitchen low by setting fire to a tea towel which now lives burnt and defeated in a cupboard. Beginning to feel at home in the flat, strange living by myself. If someone had been there they could have told me that I was setting fire to the damn thing. Settling into a commuter life style. Hopefully I will have my own internet later, as Addy the IT guy at school wrangles with the interweb. I hope so, the cafe owner is getting pissy with me, though it means I won't get my daily fix of gangster rap.

Hopefully some fun news sometime soon

proof if ever it was needed that accordion solos are the way forward:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=be7O4m9rOZE

No comments: