Wednesday 26 November 2008

"They're making me go to Luton, LUTON!"

Its been a good week. Met up with a guy from sunny shropshire on saturday and he took me took a few bars where English speakers have been known to lurk. I met quite a few people which was good and a bit of a relief. One girl is the most west London person I have ever met but is absolutely lovely. It was a good night and I didn't realize that I was actually quite drunk until I tried to deal with the lift when I got home.

The lessons are going ok, still got a lot of improving to do but I think at least a few people have gained something from them. It was the manager of the schools birthday today. Everyone stood in a line and he came down like the royals do thanking people (I'm not sure for what), I even got two kisses on the cheek, these continentals. He brought in some food and more worryingly a karaoke machine. A guy called Alex monopolized it with some real tunes, including a rather moving rendition of November Rain. They love the classic rock, the IT guy listens to Alice Cooper's classic, poison, all the time (he also describes Robbie Williams as a genius) and in the office theres a cheeky copy of Dio. Eventually the little party subsided and everyone went back to work, except standing in the lobby of the nursery next door, surrounded by toys, Alex kept singing with one women provocatively dancing along for another twenty minutes.

I'm off to read about Charlton and after that I'll probably end up killing myself. much love everyone

Heres how they sell coffee here, its weird:
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3l62VTsljT4

No comments: