Monday 10 January 2011

The King Is Dead



I'm sorry for the long delay. The reason for this is that I have been busy what with Christmas and more recently giving potential Charlton managerial candidates imaginary job interviews. I hope you had a lovely festive Christmas. I was incrediably lucky that my flight both back home and back here were completely unaffected. Unlike the poor bastards going to Belgium, that was shaping up to be one miserable Christmas. Poor Belgians.

Home was really good! This sounds horrible but I was surprised how much I enjoyed being back. I always like being home unlike most people in TEFL I didn't get into it to run away from home and I can't explain why but it was really good to be back. The most eventful event as it typically is was a visit to Dalston. A little drink before dinner turned into a few hours in one of these trendy bars that are now all over east London. We brought the tone as Alex fell literally on his face, sorry for sharing Alex but it was really funny. Not that I can say anything I briefly fell asleep and was even the tinniest bit sick. That however was the doormans fault. Other than I got in a visit to Cambridge which always makes one feel scholary. So scholary I think I have mispelt scholary, have I? I'm a disgrace to my profession.

I am enjoying work at the moment. In a novel turn we have taken in new teachers and now I look like some weary war veteran with a cigar hanging from my mouth looking at some fresh faced recruits. I feel like shaking them and shouting in their face, something like this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUc62jD-G0o

Its gone a little to my head, I feel a little dizzy. Most of my classes have involved a quiz about 2010 which had been translated into English. It has been fun and has done wonders for my knowledge of Spanish politics. Apparently there is a shady kingmaker, man behind the throne type, Alfredo Perez Rubalcaba and theres some serious tension between Spain and Morrocco.

Since being back I had my first night out in the new smoke free Spain, I forgot what a huge difference a smoking ban makes. Jonathan rang me on Sunday barely able to contain himself that he had found a cinema showing Tron in English. I'm not a huge fan but I went along and it was ummm. I just had one question that summed up my whole attitude to the film, why? He built an amazing grid! Why? The villian is trying to get into our world! Why? He's building an army! Why? We must see Zeus! Why? But wait Zeus is allied with the villain! Why? This disk on my back contains all the knowledge about the grid! Why? Why? Why? WHY? W*^H%!$Y???

I have to go. I have vowed that I will do some Spanish work every day and I have yet to do any and its three minutes to midnight. I'm leaving it dramatically late.

love love love x

No comments: