Thursday 5 August 2010

Swing and a Miss

Hola chicos

I have just been sitting smugly thinking how good my Spanish is as I conversed with a miserable sounding Spaniard banker. Thats right I phoned a Spanish bank. I need to close it and move the money to my English one as it turns out I can't check my balance here and its very frustrating. I rang up started talking and you could actually hear her deflate in the knowledge that this was going to be a difficult conversation and she really can't be doing with it. I can't understand banks in English (along with gym instructors and history) so I was dreading it in Spanish but it was ok. I said what I needed to say (Did I mention it was in Spanish!) and she understood! She understood! Sure, she couldn't help me further but small victories.

When not basking in the glow of my feebly low level of Spanish, I've been basking in the glow of the little black box that now lives in my room. I've been morally and fiancially irresponsible and bought an xbox. There goes any chance of my Spanish improving. There I was reading, excerising and socializing, but that all stops now. Now starts hours of sititng in a dark room, bashing a key pad and weeping gently.

Apart from that my poor sister is in hospital. She's had a small operation on her nose. I've just been to visit. She was surprisingly chirpy before crashing. Hospitals are weird places. The old women across from Claire spent the whole visit time talking about how bad these times are in comparison to a time when we were at war with the Nazis while the woman next to Claire was staring at a bed pan in disgust/wonder. Hospitals are also the best response to Daily Mail anti-immigrant types. If immigrants go away the NHS will collapse within fifteen minutes.

Other than that we visited Alex to spend time being cool in London and witnessed a great Kentish batting collapse. Still won it! Have it Essex!

love love love x

No comments: