Tuesday 17 August 2010

The Theme from Cheers

Hello!

I've just returned from Cambridge. It really is a lovely place. I've never been to Oxford but after this weekend as far as I'm concerned it's shit. It was lovely to catch up with people, it does seem that most people I know are moving/have moved to Cambridge. Sophie and Kelvin's new house is lovely even without furtniture which made everyone walking past think we were squatting. Mark showed as the tourist sights, of which there are many, including a medieval armoury (my highlight being the armoured man pouches), a church tower which destroyed my legs (so much for the gym)and a clock that looks a dragon innit. I daresay there was some ale consumed.

My landlord flirting has reached whole new levels. After finding a new site it's reduced me to be being a shameless hussey. On this site one must flutter your eyelashes by using the "Register your Interest" button and to contact that person they must recipricate. If they have a little look at your profile and don't like it they can ignore you and your left to sit on the side of the virtual dancefloor looking at your feet and burning with self loathing. But then maybe I look too much into these things. I've had a few young things look back at me but as yet no deals have been sealed. The lingering suspicion remains and is proably not the best start to any potential relationship. If you register your interest it shows on your profile and so does anyone else. Well some of the same characters keep appearing, Irene, if that is in fact her real name, Sergio and Tomas. It's on, we'll see won't we? Remember if you do get it ahead of me, I do know where you live! Thats not the sort of sentence that comes back to bite you.

Other than that life is normal I spend a lot of time listening to my sister argue with her boyfriend and have taken to listening to politics lectures in order to gain some opinions that I can try and pass off as my own. It will also outbalance the football watching. While writing this I've been supporting Young Boys (real name) against Spurs, I found myself encouraging them with a "come on Young Boys!" again not the sort of sentence that could ever come back and bite you.

This weekend will be much better as theres a top of the table clash between the mighty undefeated (in games that count) Charlton against some team from Oldham. That's followed by Matt making his glorious re-entry home from that rural bit of England on the Welsh border which no one knows a damn thing about. And thats not it, oh no, its Grandads birthday on Sunday which could get off the hook if hes back on the gin in the afternoon. I'm really looking forward to it.

love love love x

No comments: