Tuesday 10 August 2010

Maggie's Farm

I have been chatting to potential landlords. It's a teensy weensy little bit frustrating. The biggest problem is that we blantly don't trust each other. I think they are some one sitting in a room somewhere showing me pictures of his sisters flat in an attempt to get me to send them some money. They think I'm a timewaster, destroyer of flats. One of them is really rather strange so I thought I'd put some of his insights here.

Dear Dear,

it is me, who you wish to rent flat from. i and my family were delighted to hear that you wish to live in our flat. we spend much money to get it a good look and we hope and we pray that you are the one. i say we sell the flat but my wife said NO! (she's stern yet fair) she said to hope and pray to God that someone would come. you are the answer to pray. i move to London to work for the church of God, i prayed that good man and family will come my way. we put it all in God's hands. (no pressure there then)

i must know these things:
full name:
age:
address:
age:
children:
age:
pets:
smoker:
job:
age:
date of birth:

am working on a sea (I thought you worked in a church in London?) so am a very busy person and also since you are in Uk it will be easy (what will be easy?)

We work on trust and if you do wish to rent this flat I would appreachiate a months depoist sent in advance, preffably the end of the week. (his English suddenly improved)

Worringly, thats copied and pasted. This is what I've been dealing with for the last week and its making me a little pissy. I'm thinking of applying for a pgce and starting looking into that is also head ache inducing but I shouldn't complain as it has given me a project. A very dull one but still.

love love love x

No comments: