Saturday 3 April 2010

Jesus Walks

Happy Easter everybody! I hope you are swaddled with gooey, artery clogging chocolate, I know I am.

It's good to be back home. The journey was very easy. A four year old French girl took pity on me sitting by myself and befriended me. She showed me all of our school books and passport photos much to her mothers annoyance. She could speak French, English and Spanish, fancy dan, thinks she's so great.

I've been to the hospital and have been given a clean bill of health. Another occasion to be poked and prodded and even at point, rubbed. It was at my mums hospital, it was strange going through the ward and seeing mums name up on the board. It didn't take long and now I don't have to worry anymore.

Since then I've mainly been in pubs. I can confirm that everyone is alive and well, while still awaiting confirmation on a few I am confident that they too will be A-ok.

Talking of alive and well, Charlton's promotion chances, zing! Went to the home of football on Monday to see a routine 1-0 win over the biggest team in Carlisle, Carlisle United. It's going to be a very close end to the season and if it goes to the play offs you may witness me degenerate into a babbling, nervous wreck, completely incapable of thought beyond analysis of who would be tougher Swindon or Millwall.

Returning to Spain on Friday. I'm actually looking a little forward to the end now. Before leaving we changed tact with the DVD to show Labyrinth instead. The kids enjoyed it more than they were cool enough to admit. The best thing though was the joy and wonder on Raquel, Ana and Mauros faces. Their eyes wide, breath held and the excitement growing. Turns out Labyrinth didn't make it to Spain, Poland or Italy, my favourite bit was Ana proclaiming "he looks just like David Bowie". When I get back it's time to make some big decisions about the summer and beyond. Jeepers.

A short video of Easter in Bilbao before I depart. These processions are very common in Spain, different coloured hoods for different areas and groups. The hoods are to represent repentence and are a lot older than the Ku Klux Klan. Despite that they do look really sinister.



love love love x

No comments: