Monday 12 April 2010

Plastic Cup Politics



Have you come down with a nasty case of election fever yet? If you have stop poking it, it will only make it worse. Who the devil will it be? I know I just can't wait. I've tried to wade through the murky waters of 76 pages of Labour Manifesto but I confess to giving up and reading the 'At a Glance' section on the Guardian. I'm now wondering whether three at a glance sections are enough to base my decision on but then I remember in my constituency I have already lost. MMM democracy.

I really enjoyed my week at home, it's got me looking forward to summer, let's make plans! We were treated to an inside look into Hannah's hair cut in a house that most definatly does not belong John despite his best attempts to steal it from under his younger sister's nose. I'm watching you John.

Since returning I have met another set of parents, always the bridesmaid, always the bridesmaid. Saturday was a big day. Started with a civilized lunch and got progessively less civilized. Excitingly we did venture to a new part of Pamplona for me, Ituramma, it was alright. Sunday returned to civility as Lukash and Felicity prepared a lovely picnic. It was like Famous Five but without the racism.

Monday was back to teaching which was much better than expected. My first class descended into a student demonstrating how a Navarrese man approached a women in a trendy night spot. It turns out I've been much more integrated than I thought as it matches my tactics perfectly. It involves standing next to the women in silence, looking at the floor. Easy now.

It got even better as my teenagers are at some sort of camp. I dread to think which kind of camp, some sort of survivalist jungle training camp. It was a surprise to go into the school and find it deserted. Raquel and myself couldn't believe our luck. When I left I was half expecting to find a gang of children hiding around the corner.

I'm off to try and sort out my life (school bag). Did not put this in the brochure. Anyway you need to get back to watching News 24, I wonder what Nick Clegg has to say about interest rates. You love it.

love love love x

No comments: