Sunday 1 November 2009

Die, Die My Darling

I'm having one of those mornings when I wake up, look around and realise that it's true, I really am a dick head. No delusion or self defence can save me now.

I hope you enjoyed your Halloween. I was at a Halloween party and with a largely empty stomach it didn't end well. Despite knowing about it for two weeks we left buying our costume to the last minute. Spanish shops don't need much of an excuse to close, and it was the weekend, so once again the Chinese shops rode to our rescue. The Chinese shops NEVER shut, they also sell EVERYTHING. If you ask they will get you anything, drugs, illegal fireworks, a human hand, whatever you need. I was the campest devil there has ever been, Cormac was a vampire/dandy/man thing. Both of us were firmly put in our costume place by Marc who was a great Joker and Mauro who came as a gay farmer. Gay farmer wouldn't be at the fore front of my mind for Halloween but he had a costume mustache and was going to wear it, nothing was going to stop him. There was also an undead schoolgirl, the Bride of Frankenstein and Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas, so it was a good effort all round.

Before the party we went to a bar to watch Osasuna play some bunch of nobodies who think they are special because they are "European Champions" or something. Just in case you are interested:
www.youtube.com/results?search_query=osasuna+vs+barcelona+2009&search_type=&aq=1&oq=osasuna+vs+ba
Osasuna were really really good and Barcelona were lucky to get a point. We were in costume and it turns out that the Spanish don't really go in for dressing up in public so there were lots of strange glances and words were exchanged with what the Daily Mail would describe as "youths". Being a strong Catholic country I did get hissed at at a taxi rank.

At the party I drunk a bit too much and ended up talking absolute shit to anyone who would listen and plenty of people who wouldn't. Now I have a headache and a deep sense of shame. One day I'll learn my lesson.

CLEN college holds a monthly pub quiz, the first of the year was on Thursday. Our team came second which normally would be pretty good going but there were only three teams, so whatever happened we were in medal position. I was told that Raquel, our Spanish teacher, was a force to be reckoned with. Get on her team if it's possible, her team always win. I was on her team and we came second to the team I was originally on, the irony, the irony. I did manage to contribute though. My weakest round by an absolute mile was history, I only got one question right. On the other hand, sadly, I was able to name the whole of S Club 7, which says a lot about my character.

Here in the ultimate test of knowledge are some of the questions for you:

In 1990, four countries merged into two new ones. East_____ and West______ became one country, and North _____ and South ______ became one country. What countries are they?

In which year did the Ottoman Empire collapse, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia become independent and women under 30 gained the vote in Britain? (thats the history one I got right)

What is Principal Skinner's real name?

Whats the only sport when the participants and the fans don't know the score until after it's all finished?

I've learnt as teacher that if you use colours it fools everyone into thinking that what they are doing is interesting. I'll give the answers next time, hold on tight. I got in a bit of trouble in the week, I shouted at some kids and apparently that's not cool. I can't contain the raging hate that burns within me it seems.

I hope you are well, love love love x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i only know three! arman tamzarian. and i didnt cheat. x