Friday 30 January 2009

Re-entering the Blogosphere

Sapte mane! This is my new favourite Romanian greeting, it means 'Kiss your hand' and apparently it has the ability to make Romanian mothers swoon.

Its been a while since I have blogged and I thought it was about time I got my nerd on. Its been a very good week indeed. Last weekend involved a very trendy band with a ridiculous name, 'We Have Band'. Despite being electro-ish,very NME and not normally my cup of tea, I actually thought they were very good. There are three members, two guys and a girl whose only job was to shake maracas, like a prettier version of Bez. Heres a clip:

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LCet7l4-VgU

The video has been made on a budget of 4 to 5 pounds, 5.50 at most and is rubbish, but the song is good. I'm looking forward to being able to out-indie people, "Don't you know We Have Band? I saw them in a club in Bucharest, don't you know." Mmmm, pretentious. Maybe I could go to Po Na Na and be embraced like a brother, I could belong! Somehow I doubt I ever will.

This is Dan Fagg (stop giggling), a true Manc, who hates United, spends his working days looking at technical diagrams of toilet cubicles and is an all round good apple. He's also a co-owner of the a grey hound with a hundred percent record; go on, put your mortgage on her. After the band, he began talking to a "chunky" (not my description) Swede and her Romanian friend. He convinced them both back to his flat. We started to play what Dan calls as musical tennis. The Swede put on Britney Spears, Dan put on some indie, I played my noise, a good time was being had, until the Romanian girl stepped up and put on some really depressing acoustic business, you know the sort, some guy with dreadlocks crying. I'll stick to emo crying thank you very much. It killed the mood a bit. Dan tried his best with the Swede, but alas to no result. I've also just played him at Brian Lara cricket, my joy at scuttling him for 120 odd was soon subdued as I battled to a valiant 84 all out. Had a nice drink on Sunday with a work friend in a cafe that was owned by a famous Romanian actor. The whole place is a vanity project, pictures of him cover every inch of wall space and other big players on the Romanian theater scene have wrote messages saying how wonderful he is.

I was introduced to Dan (and most other people I know here) by Saira, who I am very grateful too and I thought I should say. In writing as well!

The official observation went pretty well despite my best efforts to mess it up. I left the plan I had worked on for hours on the desk at school. The CD didn't work so I had to read out the script with the person who was supposed to be observing me. Despite this I managed to get rated as 'Very Good' which I was delighted with. I spent the day strutting around like the prettiest girl at the dance. However, the very next lesson I was brought straight back to earth as I drew on a white board in what turned out to be a permanent marker. Now Petrom's conference room will have a line diagram of the Present Perfect Tense forever with them. They never did say thank you.

Now I have bored you for a while, let me know how you are getting on, which is much more important and interesting.

much love x

1 comment:

Catness said...

I joined this site just to moniter your blogging and I must say, having read up n most of the older ones, I'm loving it! I'm glad you're doing well, managing to stay sane and having good times! And I must say you're looking rather svelte! :D

Love and miss you lots! xx