Friday 10 September 2010

I Wanna Be An NY Ranger

What ever happened to the ordinary boys? Weren't they popular once? I ask because I was flicking through TV when Big Brother appeared (I was flicking through, honest!) and that one that was married to the blonde one was on.

Anyway, I'm being distracted.

Things have moved on since we last spoke. I'm officially back off to Spain on the 25th. I'm moving to Madrid! I'm hoping the Basques I know and the honourary Catalans of this here blog will not disown me. It's very exciting. I treaded water for a long time about what to do next year, indecisive as ever. The masterplan now is one more year of TEFL before a PGCE and having to be a like a proper grown up type. Ask me again in ten to fifteen minutes and I'm sure it will be entirely different. No excuses about visting this time!

The flat hunt is over, thank God, but it was not without one last sting in the tail. For once I was organised and rang the bank to ask what I needed to transfer money abroad. A very nice man (or so I thought!) told me all I needed is this special number. I walked confidently into the branch with my special number and all the landlords detail. The women at the desk, I'll call her Beryl, looked at me with confusion. Beryl had no idea what this number was and told me I didn't I have the Iban number. This was the deadline day so I ran home worked out what the hell and Iban number is ran back, for their fucking printer not to to work. It took twenty minutes before they had the brain wave of using the other printer. I didn't even know they had another printer!

As you all know I'm an uncultured sport lout. However, the great civilizer (Alex as he is more widely known) has introduced me to the theatre. I've seen two plays within a week, I enjoyed both and I think I was the only one! Maybe like my nan I just enjoyed being out of the house. I really enjoyed the whole experience, the sets and seeing actual people rather than a screen was really enjoyable. My favourite bit though was the man next to me at the second who I suspect maybe an actor himself. He gasped in horror, laughed at points where no one else did and at the dramatic climax held his hands high above his head, he was deeply, deeply worried. He spoke to me at the end and was lovely as well as highly dramatic.

Off the point again, I fucking love News Night.

I hope I find you well

love love love x

No comments: