Thursday 24 June 2010

Ambling Alp



Hmm. This may look like a two bits of coloured tissue paper with a stick stuck through and a further piece of green wrapped around it in an attempt to make a flower. That is however, where you are wrong. You have to look through the flower. How does it challenge your preceptions of what a flower is? What does it say to you about where flowers have come from? Why the stick? Why this combination of colours? Oh boy is it deep. The little artist behind it is a lovely girl who was very insistent that I should receive this work of art. We expect big things.

The camp is ok. There's no teaching involved, its just babysitting when the kids don't know what their babysitter is saying to them. The kids, or at least the kids I have to spend any real time with are really great and are a lot of fun. It's fair to say that the organisation leaves a lot to be desired, but the kids have been very understanding. The biggest problem is that with 105 children in a sports hall you really need more than 10 pictures of road signs to keep them busy for four hours. the real eye opener is going into the nursery, the horror, the horror. Its sports day tomorrow which I'm very excited about. Being on the other side of the humilation will be a nice change. I hope to have a chance to drill the kids into ruthless winning machines.

All my adult classes bar one are finished. Finishing classes is weird. I've seen these people twice a week for the best part of nine months. I like all of them and I feel I know them pretty well and then you just stroll out with a thank you and see you around. It's sad that I'm unlikely to see them again mixed with happiness of not going to a smelly dishwasher factory in the middle of nowhere at half seven in the morning. My time at CLEN ends on Tuesday and thats when the minefield of contracts, landlords and the leak coming through our ceiling has to be tackled. Again, hmm.

My life has been made so much easier by the brave, brave England overcoming Slovenia. They were much better weren't they? It sets us up against the Germans and assuming the big teams win, our route to glory is Germany followed by Argentina then Spain then Brazil. Once again, hmm. But we are English and after one win we can resume assuming that Johnny Foriegner will quiver at the approach of our brave boys. Rest assured I would love it, love it, if we beat Germany. I just hope we realise soon that the Germans really don't see us as rivals.

Flashy new blog eh? Let's do something this summer

love, love, love x

No comments: