Thursday 14 January 2010

The Outdoor Type

It feels like I have been away. The inital excitement of laying on my eyes on the big green monstrosity in which I live for the first time in three weeks has passed back into the routine. My teenagers are still lazy, the young ones are more interested in drawing something called a 'Farp' and the adults are still annoyed they aren't indulging in Oscar Wilde witticism. Everyone is in their right place, the Super BM metal hair shelf stacker is still stacking, the buildings janitor is still refusing to move above the lobby and the Chinese shop is still refusing to close ever for anyone or anything.

This week has been hard mostly because I didn't have time to plan much so I've been winging it. I've been learning the grammar along with them while trying to exude an air of iron clad authority. Read the grammar sheet, you start thinking ooohhh that makes sense, try to remember it all and transfer it to the board. The problem is when half way through an excerise you realise an exception and have to try and fit in without giving the game away. I have had more time so next week should be a lot better.

It's been good to see everyone. Cormac put my journey into perspective, he left Ireland on Friday and arrived in Pamplona on Monday at 3. This included a night sleeping at a bus station by batoned by a guard everytime he tried to sleep. Virtually everyone had travel problems except Marc and Kathryn who drive through France like a glamour 1950s couples without a care in the world.

Its been a quiet week but the strangest thing is that I have seen Pamplona's version of puppet man. That won't mean anything to people who didn't go to UEA, but there is a guy in Pamplona who blows a little toy trumpet while dancing with bells on his legs. He has with him a big of toy trumpets that you can buy from him. Like puppet man its curious and sad at the same time.

I have to go, Dan is cooking and has demanded our presence at 8.17, not a moment before and not a moment after.

all is quiet

love love love x

No comments: