Sunday 5 April 2009

Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

It was a good final week. Said bye to some of my students, I forgot to say to some so they are in for a shock next week. My free time was mostly spent packing up my worldly possessions and trying to get the flat into some sort of respectable state for Leo to come and get the keys. I failed. Leaving school was sad but ok as Fridays are the quietest days so I managed just to slip out. Had a lovely meal with a mariachi man who was fixated by Damien, he seriously couldn't take his eyes of him, but who can? Some good bye drinks led to me indulging in some facebook bothering and waking up with a horrible headache.

I was far too tired at half three this morning to fill that bothered about locking the door to my little flat for the last time, well the second last time as I had to rush back up the stairs to pick up my watch. It hasn't been the easiest journey, the shuttle bus failed to show up so taxied my way to the airport. Baneasa airport is just a shed, you just sit for ages in a room that resembles a scout hall. They pipe in music, and its a really cruel choice of songs. They played 'When will I see you again?' and Beverly Craven's classic 'Promise Me'. You know the one about waiting for your loved one to return from a long time away. Each song twisting the knife in the handful of people saying by to their boy/girl friend. I had a nightmare with the weight of my bag. Thinking I had selected extra weight allowance it was a shock to find out I hadn't and thus my two bags came in at 31kg a mere 11kg over my limit. It proved an expensive mistake. I slept the whole way back and landed at Luton, aww sunny Luton, at 7.00. The guys next to me got caught going through customs carrying more cigarettes than there are in Malboro country. I was home in time for some palm waving.

To drag out the death of the blog I'm going to write some more, the final conclusions if you will. I'm too tired to write much and it will fill my unemployed days; you know between football repeats, cricket from South Africa and Channel Four western afternoons.

love love love x

No comments: