Friday 24 April 2009

Bulls on Parade



The list has finally got its act together and decided that it rather than I was ready for it to be published. It had one last laugh at my expense by coming online twenty minutes late, sending me into a spiraling sense of dread. It was quite a relief to actually see the damn thing. The rules are that you are allowed to apply for maximum of three in order of preference. It took me a while to decide and even longer to put it in order. However, it is done! The first choice, is Pamplona in Spain, hazaa! My Dad is not a religious man but I think he is praying that I get it. He loves the idea of the sun, its near the wine region and he has convinced himself that he would run with the bulls. This the man who every now and again you can find lying on the sofa unable to move as years of lifting patients has put his back into early retirement. My mum was a little concerned when she discovered it was in the Basque country, I have assured her that Basque don't bomb Basques. The second choice was Prague and the third Madrid. All I can do now is wait and hope that I hear from them sooner rather than later. If I don't get one of these three then I need to do some serious web scouring.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFKy6Ld9gU8

Cruel? Maybe.

6 people gored, another 7 injured in that video alone. 14 people have died in total. Good luck Dad.

love love love x

3 comments:

Serj said...

really hope you get the spaniards, from what I hear they are second only to the brits, when it comes to learning and speaking in a foreign language :p
All the best,
Serj

Anonymous said...

haha surely we must be better than someone? anyone?

how are you? all crusaded out?

mark

Serj said...

still raging my own crusade against the crusades, but getting there :P