Thursday 12 March 2009

Here's Looking at You Kid

As you all know I am a small and petty, petty man. I have been forced to demonstrate this streak of my personality all week by repeating stories I have been told by smug united or liverpool fans in a silly voice. Something like champions league, schmapions league. I also made sure no one was allowed to forget Charlton's glorious 2000-2001 division one winning season. So I thought I would dedicate this post to cheap, childish laughs. Living in a foreign country you see things you prefer, things you don't and some things which are just funny.

This is my favourite sign in the whole world. That's no empty prize either, it has triumphed over many fine rivals. Its a little bit a cult hero among foreigners too, it has a personality all of it own. Just what is it trying to say? THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO STAIRS! To add confusion its right next to a set of stairs. What would happen if you did walk on them? The mind boggles.

This is just bad arse, enough said.

If you drove that incredible piece of automotive history you would want it to be clean, but who to trust with it? You don't want to take it to any old car wash where any punk could damage it. No, you need the best car wash there is. Then you see this advert for one on the side of a van, a car wash fit for the Lord Jesus Christ himself! Tesco can keep Neil Morrissey, this a real celebrity endorsement.


This was enough to send me to fits of girly giggling for about 3 days. The fact that its butter makes it so much better!

These are stuck on the doors of banks. Some even feel the need to add knives as well. Maybe I should be worried that banks need to specify not to bring guns into the bank, especially when carrying a gun is illegal anyway. Really what is the point?

Would-be-Robber 1: Let's go!
Would-be-Robber 2: Shit! We can't.
Would-be-Robber 1: Why?!?
Would-be-Robber 2: Haven't you read the sign?
Would-be-Robber 1: Oh.... I didn't see that.
Would-be-Robber 2: What are we going to do?
Would-be Robber 1: We can't rob the place without our guns.
Would-be-Robber 2: We could take them anyway.
Would-be-Robber 1: Now now, rules are rules.
Would-be-Robber 2: You're right, mochachino?

Thats some real hard, gritty script writing for you there.

I hope you enjoyed some cheap laughs there. I know I did, but then I'm childish, but I am male so it's to be expected. I did have an eye opening experience last night, I got hit on by a guy, we really are sleazy bastards. On that bomb shell I'll bid you all good night x

ok one last thing, on the subject of never growing up, a song for the day:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQMVHhxTtLc
dedicated to Ms Weeks and her cool gig going ways

No comments: