Tuesday 17 March 2009

Credit Crunched

When I was taken into a meeting room earlier today I thought I was in trouble. I haven't been using the newfangled computer database, not filling in paper work and of course I've not been teaching English very well. However, alas, Ana told me that a few of the bigger contracts aren't to be renewed. As the only employee for which they have to pay rent I am an obvious expense to be saved. It was totally out of the blue and I was pretty disappointed but I have spent the afternoon putting everything into perspective. Though disappointing it was always a short term job and at 21 its hardly like I have anything serious riding on it; I just get to go home and milk any sympathy thats on offer for as long as possible. Without wishing to sound like a martyr, I am glad its me rather than Romanian teachers who have been there for longer, it would seem unfair if it wasn't me.

So my Romanian will never get past shoddy at best, I won't get to ruin my students' days with end of unit tests and the women at Safeway will never smile at me. I'm back at the end of April, and hopefully will be arranging trips to various provincial towns to see everyone. After that, I don't know what I am going to do.

The blog will continue mainly because I enjoy writing it and with six weeks left theres still plenty of shit to talk in that time.


see you soon lovers x

No comments: