Wednesday 2 November 2011

Stan Collymore

It's been a while but we are back! It has been an immensly stressful few weeks, but after wanting to tear my hair out in despair, I am writing to you from a new flat! I really like it, its big and bright and there is some football stadium at the end of the street. Apparently it belongs to Real Madrid, no I haven't heard of them either.

I and three other people I live with made the decision to move out a few weeks ago. We were sick of the landlady sleeping the living room, especially as she often slept until two in the afternoon. She told us it was temporary but as the bags piled up and after she went from the sofa to a fold down bed we realised it was a little longer than previously stated. We soon learnt to take everything she said with a pretty large pinch of salt. It is fair to say she did not take kindly to three of us wanting to move out and one point stooping as low as to accuse of us racism. Is it because I am Venezuelan? No, no, it isn't. We looked at a few flats, agreed on one changed minds a few times but have finally found somewhere. That is not doing the stress of searching justice but I can't go into it again. At one point we didn't think we could move into this place as one of my room mates was unable to withdraw money as her bank was without power due to a huge snow storm in the north east of America. Even the weather was out to foil us, that's how it felt.

Otherwise it is great to be back in Madrid. My new classes are good. My adults are all lovely and pretty motivated all but one kids class are great, two out of three ain't bad. I intercepted my first note today! Two girls passing a note to each other which said, Do you want to pass notes? It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been written in English. First Spanish class back was good, new teacher seems and I'm seriously motivated this year as over the last year I was deemed to not have progressed enough to move up. I really need to sit down and just learn some fucking Spanish. The new workmates are nice and the old ones are just as great as they were. It's a bit weird that quite a few didn't come back but they all seem to be doing well.

Outside of work I had my first ride in a cable car in many years. It was really strange as it was just across some fields leading up to Casa de Campo, next to the motorway. They played Phil Collins and at some points it was so low we were going through the trees. I'm getting to now Charlie the parrot pretty well, he likes to sit on my shoulder and bite my ear lobe, I'm told its affectionate but I get the feeling that excuse won't work with the police if I try it on any young ladies. Sunday football has restarted, I have brought this season's goal tally to one. It's business as usual.

love love love x

nagkccc.wordpress.com/

No comments: