Tuesday 14 June 2011

Chaka Demus




The stag. Proud and noble creature. Regally roaming the countryside with the dignity of a prince. Or in the case of Saturday night a group of drunken idiots talking in mockney accents. It was my first stag night on Saturday and thus I can safely say it was the best stag night I have EVER been on. High praise indeed. We gathered in a pub and were first given wrestling cards. I was a little confused why I was holding a picture of Randy Orton but soon all became clear. When Ross told us to assume the position, not a phrase I want to be repeated too many times, you were to assume the position on the card. Fortunately mine was just Randy putting some chump in a headlock so that wasn't so bad. Mike unfortunately drew a card with a gentleman called "Jimmy Wang Yang" on it who was flying through the air like a graceful salmon, which was a lot more trying. The luckiest escape however was for Sean. Sean didn't make it but that was for the best. He may be the smallest and thus easiest to put on shoulders/lift/body slam. There were efforts at first to be laddy with drinking games and "waaaayyyyssssss" but within twenty to twenty five minutes the English teacher nature took over again. Congratulations and good luck to them both.

The next day involved a trip to Segovia. The haters doubted that I would make it but I managed with a throbbing (giggle) headache and feeling sick to drag myself to the bus station. Segovia is beautiful. It is an ancient city with a two thousand year old Roman aqueduct. It looks like a strong gust of wind could blow it down but those Romans knew what they were doing. It is incredible to think and I wonder what was built in our lifetime will be standing in two thousand years. The Valley obviously. Speaking of Charlton, which I normally am, I found a text book that claimed we were the fourth richest club in England. No one told me. Other highlights of the trip included, a steak the size of a head, a chair that looked like balls and shameless photo posing. I think I'm going to have to give up the pretence of just being 'unphotogenic' and just accept thats how I look.

14 working days left and 17 until I touch down back in Blighty. As is traditional at this time of year I'm ruining students day by giving them exams. This the first year I've taught preperation courses for official exams set by Cambridge. They were last weekend so as far as my students are concerned the class is over. Unfortunately my school don't agree and I still have to to go. I was stood up today by four teens. Just sat in the empty room for an hour. People walked passed and wondered what on earth I was doing there. Some smiled at me in pity but I'll be back on Thursday and Tuesday next week. Least I'll get a lot of reading done. Once they are marked thats this year over. It's happy as I'm pleased to be coming home but also sad as a lot of people are moving on. Maybe me, I'm going to look for work over summer and if I can't find any I'll come back to Madrid. From what I've seen so far I'll be back! Thanks Dave.

It's busy but I've still managed to get myself a stalker. A young guy whose name I can't remember, he is saved in my phone as 'man', called wanting an intercambio I said yeah as I need the Spanish practice and told him to email me when he was free so we could meet and practice this language business. Since he has text me A LOT. This put me off the idea and I decided not to text back. So he has started calling. Fuck. That was two days ago and he is still calling I'm hoping he will take the hint soon. The worst of it all is his insistence on doing this !!!!!!! There is never a need for this !!!!!!!!!

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to try and make this place look respectable enough to get my depoist back. I could be some time.

love love love x



No comments: