Saturday 16 April 2011

Daddy Fat Sax

It's holiday time baby! Oh yeah! Thats how I reacted at half past two this afternoon. A little fist pumping and a small dance and I am out of here. One student wanted to ask a question in the last few minutes, it was hard to tell her no to her face. Last days before holidays are wonderful as no one wants or expects to do anything. With my teenagers we played film charades, Black Swan being a highlight. Though the last day is good the few before are strange. As the holiday drew nearer more and more people finished their classes and thus not coming to school anymore. By yesterday evening the school was basically deserted. I walked and no one was there. It was like a zombie movie. All I could see was my manager with his back to me at his computer and I just pictured him spinning around on his chair to reveal that he had become a walking member of the living dead. He did look that but that is only due to his new born child keeping him up all night.

On Monday, I'm heading down to Andalucia for the week. A friend's parents have a villa in small village called Monda. His hospitality and generousity has met with graditude and the rest of us putting on a posh voice and saying his family are like the royals. He must be glad he invited us. I'm not sure what's in Monda or what we will do but I was told that it is very likely that I will see a mountain goat in a tree. I can't understand it either but if I don't see a mountain goat in a tree I will be literally devastated and not Jamie Redknap literally either. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the city for a while. But the big easter event will of course be the parent Peirsons touching down in Madrid. A week today. It will be wonderful to see them I just hope the heat drops a bit or there will be some grumpy parents. I have no idea what we are going to do as they like polar opposite things; that's how you keep the flame alive kids. I think my dad needs a break as my sister is slowing killing him be allowing herself to be taken to Old Trafford by her boyfriend and then worse of all saying she "really enjoyed it". When she told me I virtually broke down. Pull the knife from my back Claire.

I can also relax while I'm away as I managed to successfully avoid being fired. My second official observation went well. Despite having to move to a new room which was so small that the observer was basically sitting on my lap. Fortunately she was sufficently behind me not to see the threats I was mouthing to the class whenever they started speaking Spanish.

Football, football, football. I talk about it far too much, then if you are reading this you know that. However this time its justified as the big news here is that there will be 4 el classicos in the space of 18 days. Its a chance for Barcelona to really rub Real Madrids nose in it. The first one is played RIGHT NOW and Barcelona are winning 1-0 and Real have been awful, saying that they have just scored. Saying Charlton are terrible never seems to help but there you go. I can hear the GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL coming from the TV, thats a serious set of lungs. But the biggest match of the weekend isn't Real vs Barca, oh no. It was our crack team that plays every Sunday taking on a Spanish team. That's right. National pride on the line, defending Queen and country. We finished our normal game and they came on and challenged us and we couldn't refuse. Played for 2 and 3/4 hours, my legs hurt so much. It was a slow start, dominating possession but not taking chances and falling 3- 0 behind. They looked pleased with themselves, I may speak limited Spanish but one thing I can do is swear like a trooper and I knew they didn't have a huge amount of time for us. But in the end, we overpowered them. I say we, I did very little. My biggest contributions were two rather "robust" challenges. One deeply cynical clip as he went past me and another crashing into the back of one of their players as he tried to turn. Welcome to British football. Nonetheless we won a crushing 15-6, a second half romp. Don't worry Liz, your honour is safe for another day.

Talking of the Royals are you excited about the wedding? Thankfully no one in Spain gives a shit. I bet you are at fever pitch by now.

love love love x

No comments: