Monday 3 May 2010

Choose Your Side and Shut Up

Right, after some sleep, a dose of cricket and something that resembled a dinner, I'm ready to try again.

Times are strange here. Teachers and students alike are getting pretty bored of it all and we're are all counting down to the end of the year. Everytime I leave the school I don't like I'm just thinking one nearer the end. The bad thing is that it creates, in me at least, lethargy as I can't be bothered to fight with them anymore. Eat your crisps, be late, don't bring the book, only 7 classes left. Todays class was a waste of time. On the flip side I'll be sad when the other teenagers and the other classes finish. Everyone is here but sometimes it feels like only in body. In the office people are looking for next years job, people are going to get documentation for various visas and some of us, meaning me, are too busy drowning in indecision to do much else.

Other things I have managed include a pub quiz where our team won by a massive twenty points, putting the other teams to the sword with ruthless, brutal efficiency. As you can see I have failed to remain bearable since. This month I'm writing the quiz so if you have any trivia you just can't wait to share let me know and I can steal the credit.

I spent last week on the subject of humour which is potenially disastrous, but they all really got into the question of when a joke becomes too much and we spent most of the week telling each other borderline jokes, it was a good week.

Sunday was Osasuna's big day out at the Bernabeu to take on Real Madrid. They were great, led twice but were beaten 3-2 with a last minute Ronaldo goal. It was horrible. It's happened to Charlton plenty of times. Its what I imagine a brothel might be like, you know you are going to get it at any minute you just aren't sure from where or by whom. Just when you think you've got away with it you get kicked in the bollocks. Like a brothel. It makes it so much worse than the usual 3-0 routine victory by Man Utd or Chelsea or whoever. If you go close the worst is always after when Andy Gray patronizes you about what a lovely day you've had despite the result. Why do we bother? This is why:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAox_PpL2LU

Because every now and again they will do something amazing.

This week will mostly been spent in bed. Since gloating last week to Jess about how good the weather has been it hasn't stopped raining. Today I've been soaked through on three seperate occasions and can fill illness setting in already. If I do make it to class it will spent with Alanis Morisette and her classic Ironic, its true nothing in the song is ironic.

I hope everything with you is good, I'm looking forward to the election ending and I'm not even the country so I hope you can bare it.

love love love x

No comments: