Monday 10 May 2010

Bicycle Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle

Hello! If you are reading this congratulations for managing to haul yourselves from rolling 24 hour news coverage. Are you sick of it yet? I for one am not but then I'm in Spain and thus aren't connected to it constantly. Despite not being a Tory I am glad they had the first shot at forming a government with the suddenly dizzy with importance Liberals. We can't be democratic only when the side we want wins and the Tories have the most votes. Saying that, they fucked it, so come on Clegg sign up with Labour get real PR and we may be able to pretend we are a proper big boy democracy. What we have all learnt is that deep down what we really want is Tony to come back, ignore us, worship himself, and rule us like a king. The Spanish are showing an interest in our humble electoral ways, reguarly asking for updates only to be told to ask again in a while. They can't be too critical of anyone's system seeing as they rediscovered democracy in 1978.

When not reading about the election I have been indulging in beard growing and football season finale mathmatics. This beard was the best beard yet. Though still looking like a sex offender a bit of tlc and you look more like a cheeky flasher than scourge of society. It met a sad demise this morning as it was sheared off due to my need to be photographed for documentation.

The end of the football season always leads to frantic calculations to see what is required of you on the last day. Despite Charlton dispatching Oldham with ease, Leeds won so we are consigned to the play offs. I warn you in advance I will be a througly unbearable bag of nerves and God help you if we lose. If we lose to Millwall in the final I'll probably just go home into the garage and turn on the exhaust.

Pamplona is fine. I was ill (not really ill, but what my mother insists on calling sniffly) for most of last week due to the fact that everytime I went outside I got soaking wet. There has been epic thunderstorms and even EPICER rain. That's right I made up a word. The weekend was spent playing Playstation and taking laziness to whole new levels. Without wishing to boast if I put my mind to it I can take laziness to whole new levels, I like to see myself as the Usain Bolt of laziness. So yeah I had a lazy weekend.

I'm going to be forced to have the typical "I'm not angry, just disappointed" conversation with one of teenage classes. They have been less than honest about some school projects which having been eating into my lesson time. Having this conversation is going to be difficult. I can't do it in Spanish, I'm their teacher so they won't understand it in English, and thirdly and most importantly they think I'm a cunt. I'm frustrated by this class as I'm counting down the lessons until I never see them again (7 in case you are wondering) and part of me thinks that I don't care if they disappear for the last fifteen minutes but I know thats not the attitude. I can't wait for summer, I really am a poor employee.

I'm off to watch The Wire which I'm worried will alter my speech. I can imagine being asked a question in class and responding in a gruff, sweary, violent response. Something like "Present perfect tense? Why don't you fuck yourself? I see scum bags like you every day get whacked." Listen to me, whacked. Well I never. Wish me well.

love love love x

No comments: