Sunday 21 March 2010

The French Open



There is espionage afoot! If you were a spy you would think you would make an effort not to look so totally shady as the guy above but hey I'm not Bond. While rooting around the internet, something which usually leads to trouble, a blog was found about CLEN. Mysteriously posted in January by someone under the name "Black Pig" it is less than complimentary. A blog being used for evil, unthinkable. CLEN is far from perfect there are plenty of annoyances as there are with many if not all jobs but the person who wrote it is just unfair. They claim that Alfonso pretends to speak no English which is just wrong. They also complain about delayed pay something which hasn't happened once in my time here. Neither has their other complaint of not having the hours to fufill your contract. They also whinge about travelling, which is part of the job. My favourite was crying about the wind and that its cold in winter. I found myself getting defensive about it.

The question is who wrote it? I'm going to invoke the spirit of Jessica Fletcher to find out and then I'm going to go all Jack Bauer, for we no criticise, we make work for glorious leaders. I want to meet Black Pig, preferably under a clock tower, I'll be Red Fox and be carrying an empty brief case. That's far too much effort and I'll probably forget all about it in ten minutes but nonetheless intrigue.

We have our third new housemate! Her name is Gloria she's from Madrid. She's very nice. She's a bit older than the rest of us and everyone was worried whether she would enjoy living with three guys in their early twenties but she seems to be fine so far. She has been very polite in hiding her distaste with some of our ways, for example a fridge without a system, but I'm wearing trousers in the house so we are all making sacrifices.

It was Fathers day here on friday which is taken about as seriously as it is at home. BUT! In true Spanish style, you can't be expected to work so it was a lovely four day week. All of my young students have taken great pride in showing me their gifts they have been making in class. They do all involve pasta and glitter, but most important material of all is love, sob. Friday is my planning day so without it I have literally nothing organsied for tomorrow so we're going to be winging it. I used the day productively by going and getting horrifically drunk, which was the first time I had been so in ages. Pamplona subjected to the full force off my dance moves. Saturday also turned out to be heavy as we watched more rugby. I actually felt a bit bad when England lost, mostly as Antoine was sitting there being French all up in my face. He is less of a rugby than me and didn't care either way but still. The real highlight was Dan throwing sixty years of European cooperation back in their faces by listing all the reasons why losing to France would be unbearable to a French man. He didn't realise he was French until he noticed everyone around him laughing.

I've also been looking masters, my word they are expensive. I told myself to be brutally pragmatic no airy fairy courses just cold hard career courses. Though looking through the opitions I'm instantly drawn to Poltical Ethics or Imperial History. I'm not ruling out puppetry or dance thearapy.

It appears I will be home for Easter so if anyone is around let me know, I can bore you in person

love love love x

No comments: