Friday 18 December 2009

Oh my Golly!

Despite the weather throwing everything it had at me, I just wouldn't be defeated, I made it home. The weather wasn't all bad, I missed my class at seven in the morning as the roads were too icy. The Spanish go to war when it snows, for a warm Mediterranean country they are damned prepared.

Managed to get the bus to Bilbao without too much difficulty but then did have to spend 6 hours in the airport. The time was filled with Soduku, which I am better at but still pretty terrible, and reading the Torygraph as it was the only newspaper in English. Apparently you get too choose how much tax you pay when you are rich, hmm. My flight was delayed for an hour and a half which was actually pretty good going. One flight to Santiago was facing a 23 hour delay, poor Chileans. My old next door neighbour gave us a lift as he has a 4x4 which I thought was excessive until I saw how much how snow there is in New Ash Green! It made me feel better about contributing to warming the planet after a flight and a ride in a 4x4. Doom. The neighbour enjoyed measuring out loud how many feet above sea level we were throughout the journey.

I'm really happy to be home, I've been looking forward to it all week and it was a relief to get home. As much as I like living in Spain and as much as sometimes England can utterly depress you I'm pretty sure it's where I'll settle in the long run.

Just a short post as it's now its quarter to three and I was up at six, somehow. Let's make plans!

love love love x

No comments: