Sunday 13 September 2009

Quarter to Eight

This will be the last post from sunny Kent, and for once it is sunny, its gone to our heads I saw a man in shorts OUTSIDE IN PUBLIC. Its the last days of Rome. The next we speak I'll finally have left. The gibbering and filler will finally come to an end. Things are beginning to wind up now, most things I do these days are the last time I do things for a while.

A brave group of us went out in Gravesend on Saturday night, only one person got punched so we didn't do bad. Well most of us didn't do bad, one person who shall remain nameless has a lot of jokes to face upto. At one point he drew a crowd. The bigger shame was the next morning. After sleeping innocently on John's front room floor I had to walk to the bus stop in last nights clothes. People were judging. It was the walk of shame without the fun part, just the shame. It also meant I missed Church, the last one before I go. It turns out on the newsletter they had written me a nice goodbye and not wanting me to miss it the nice man from up the street knocked on my door to give me a copy. I answered the door in my lounging shorts, any self respecting man has a pair, and a scruffy t-shirt and not having showered yet it was not a pretty sight. There was no hiding it, I didn't miss it through packing or a family engagement I had just been in Gravesend acting like a dickhead. I sensed his disappointment, he expected better, now I know how Derren Brown must be feeling.

Before leaving I've been ticking things off my to do list. I went down to Wiltshire to stay with my grandparents which was... tranquil. There was a lot reading, staring out of the window and a shit load of the weakest link. Whose job is it to gather that much trivia?? Devizes is a strange town. People go on holiday there, if you can call cramming into a canal boat a holiday, what do they do? Drinking to forget seems to be the common thread. My nan works in the towns tourist office and even she says that she struggles to think of anything to suggest if they have "more than about an hour and half to kill". They have a brewery, the canal, a market, the canal, flats in the shape of a castle, the canal and a "lovely" book shop. It was good to see nan and grandad though.

Despite leaving VERY early on Thursday morning I've not even thought about packing. My mum has left a case outside my bedroom door as a not so subtle hint but I'm not raising to that bait. My packing is dreadful, I'm hoping if I leave it it will just do itself.

I have to confess to not being terribly excited about it all, more relieved. I've been facebooking (should I poke him?! oh facebook etiquette!) one my future house mates who is much more excited about the drive than actually being there. These last few months feel like a waste though after working for a bit I will probably miss them. I'll miss everyone more, make sure you keep me informed!

Anyone who needs a holiday (not you Dizzee Rascal) get yourself on a plane.

Days to go: 2
Level of Spanish (it still sounds like this to me):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctaszjeaDK0
Level of English: Still dropping, I blame society
Packing: None

love love love x

No comments: