Wednesday 3 June 2009

Touching Down in N-Town

The blog lives!

I've been wracking up the miles in the last two weeks in order to celebrate three, thats THREE, birthdays. Sophie, Alice and Mel all held the 22nd annual celebrations of their birth. A happy birthday to Hannah as well! So the weekend before last I forced my through all manner of engineering works to Norwich for Sophies birthday. Ended up slightly worse for wear and that was followed by having to flee a room (a living room) as staying a little longer may have resulted in me in being labelled a voyeur. The next day I was taken out for dinner by Sophies lovely family. My trivia was tested and found sadly lacking.

The next weekend I re-forced my way back through the engineering works to be back in Norwich again for Alice and Mels joint birthday. There was bbq, of which I contributed a manly nothing. I was warned that the Spanish are not forgiving with foreigners Spanish (please not be true) and was told in detail about the problems a guy was having with his jacket. It just doesn't look like it did in H&M, I think we all understand that pain. It was followed by a day in Yarmouth, oh the glorious British seaside. There was fish and chips, arcades and mini golf. There were some good shots (well one) and a lot more terrible, terrible ones. Any frustration that would have risen to the surface was calmed by the course's pirate theme.

The train journeys didn't stop there. It took three journeys to get to Liverpool Street to see Alex. There was virtual gardening, turkish food and pear cider. I also held my own at xbox karaoke, with the exception of Beyonce's hit "Irreplaceable" in which I was given a sound beating. Alex spent a lot of time emailing his mate, George Alligiah. The way home was made more complicated by a guy on the track trying to rip up the wood with another piece of wood, the mob has won.

I have also taken my first tentative steps to learn Spanish. I have acquired a CD which I'm hoping will reveal the secrets of the lingo. What I've got so far will follow so prepare yourselves for some more confusion and jumbled attempts to learn to introduce myself in a language that isn't English.

love love love x

No comments: