Wednesday 5 October 2011

Michael Laudrup

Hola chicos

The first week back in Madrid is coming to an end. It has been really good but a strange. By the end of the first year I was on autopilot. I could get to wherever my next class was without even thinking about it. I knew when my planning slot was, when I would have twenty minutes to grab some food and who I would say and when. This week is weird. New classes, new students in new places. I've been to three new areas of Madrid, one so far north feel like you are going to get a nose bleed. I've even been to a new IH centre, Diego de Leon, I heard bad things but so far so good. There are a lot of new guys though it does seem a lot less than last year. Obviously a lot of people have left and I don't see the others that have remained so I'm getting to know some of the new guys, which in a strange way does feel like starting again. Everyone I have met seems lovely so I'm hopeful. The new classes are good, I still have one which I haven't met. The kids are good so far. As soon as the star chart comes up they are putty in your hands. I have one boy who would murder for you if he got a star for it. A good friend is also now my senior teacher which I was worried would be weird but its been great so far. It feels like I have been back for an age. It all seems so familiar and yet very new. The times they are a'changing.

Though some things never change. Spanish starts again on Friday, I have basically forgotten everything. I arranged to meet my old intercambio and I think she is a little shocked at how much time I spent just nodding and agreeing! I need to book a football pitch and hopefully tomorrow will be the first sneaky Thursday of the year.

Just a quick one I have to be in a few short hours.

love love love x

No comments: