Friday 10 July 2009

Raging Bull

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8143744.stm

Just when you thought it was safe to take to the streets. My dad's remains confident and enthusiastic. I need to be careful, I've already somehow stumbled into agreeing to throw myself out of a plane. "Extreme" sports indeed. I need to stop putting myself into what the guys who classify films would describe as, mild peril. The article does include the quite wonderful phrase 'rogue bull'. Rogue is one of those words that needs to be brought back in wider use. Other such words include scoundrel, rapscallion, harlot, jezzabell, and of course peril. People in them days knew how to insult a person.

Much love x

2 comments:

Serj said...

I had no idea that the word peril was in...peril :P

mjp said...

its a disgrace serj, an absolute disgrace :-p